Legal Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions
Bank Hapoalim B.M. (hereinafter: the “Bank”) permits you to access its website subject to the conditions specified below, and in addition, subject to any document and/or agreement signed by the customer, in particular the documents “Application to open an account and general terms and conditions for the management of an account” and/or “Statement of commitment for the receipt of information services and execution of transactions in an account via Internet.”
1. The information and all of the pages on the website are the exclusive property of the Bank.
2. Trademarks appearing on the website are under the proprietary copyright of the Bank; any action that may infringe on the copyright of such trademarks is prohibited.
3. The website in its entirety, including all information therein, the software on which it is based, and information and materials accessed through the website, are presented and made available to you as they are as of this moment.
4. The information on the website is subject to changes from time to time, at the discretion of Bank Hapoalim, including cancellation or change of plans, services, or products presented on this website, without advance notice, even if not yet updated on the website, and to changes according to the provisions of all laws.
5. Any altering, copying, distributing, broadcasting, presenting, executing, duplicating, publishing, or selling of any item of information, software, or service originating with this website is prohibited.
6. The statements in the pages and information do not constitute a proposal, persuasion, or advice regarding credit and/or investment from the Bank, and cannot replace professional, individual advice that takes the user’s specific information into consideration.
7. The statements on the website do not constitute a proposal to enter into a contract, or a presentation for the purposes of a transaction; only the statements in documents signed by Bank Hapoalim are binding for the Bank.
8. Bank Hapoalim reserves the right to examine any application, for credit or other, and to decide, at its sole discretion, whether and under what conditions to grant a loan or provide a service. Receiving credit from the Bank is contingent upon the approval of the Bank and subject to its conditions and to the provisions of all laws. Failure to repay a loan may lead to charges of arrears interest and foreclosure proceedings.
9. The explanations presented on the website with regard to the services of the Bank and the conditions for receiving credit are only partial and cannot replace perusal of the loan documents. To receive the information relevant to a requested service in full, please contact the representatives of the Bank at its branches.
10. Information presented on the website may contain proofreading errors, errors in phrasing, clerical errors, etc., despite the fact that the Bank does everything in its power to prevent such occurrences. The Bank is not responsible for any damage caused by the presence of such errors.
11. The Bank is not responsible for any damage that may be caused by deficiencies, malfunctions, or erroneous operation of the software operating the website or the access to the website.
12. Only a notification from the Bank can serve as evidence of the execution of a transaction on the website or of the status of an account.
13. All computer systems, including online systems, occasionally suffer malfunctions. Use of the Internet, particularly for the purpose of bank trading, is exposed to the inherent risks of the Internet and of computer systems based on software, hardware, and communications networks. We undertake every effort to minimize malfunctions and to allow customers to continue trading at all times. However, it is impossible to entirely prevent such malfunctions and risks. The Bank is therefore exempt from responsibility for any damage, loss, or expense whatsoever, and/or disruption of information displayed on the systems, that may be caused to the customer as a result of the following factors, among others: temporary interruptions of service through communication lines, and/or other disruptions and malfunctions in communication lines, and/or disruptions in the functioning or availability of the website, and/or in response times of the computerized systems, and/or disruptions of information and/or data and/or transfer and/or reception of orders, due to malfunctions arising from communication lines, or other malfunctions not under the Bank's control, and/or which could not have been prevented by the Bank with reasonable effort.
14. This website may contain links to websites not operated by the Bank, which are operated by other parties. The Bank has no control over such websites and bears no responsibility for the content displayed therein.
15. The user of the website is responsible for preventing viruses from entering the system used by the user; the Bank accepts no responsibility in this matter. The customer must also take all necessary measures to protect the password and user code that allow access to the system. In the event that a customer directly or indirectly provides such identifying information to a third party (for example, by entering it on a website other than the website of the Bank), the Bank is not responsible for exposure of information and/or execution of transactions in the customer’s account. See additional information about rules for safe browsing.
16. The website may allow downloads of software. Bank Hapoalim is not responsible for any damage that may be caused by the download of such software and/or by the use of any software downloaded from the website.
17. Applications on the website may collect information about users’ activity on the website and analyze such information in order to improve service.
18. Information provided by a user on the website may be retained in databases and used for the development and improvement of services.
19. Information on the website and the use thereof are subject to the laws of the State of Israel. Please note that use of, reliance upon, and action according to the information may be restricted or possibly illegal under the laws of various countries; you must therefore determine, prior to using the information, whether you are entitled to use it and the extent of the permitted usage pursuant to the laws applicable to you.