at the address http://www.bankhapoalim.com and on the Bank's mobile application (the website and application of the Bank are referred to in this policy, below, as the “Website”).
By using the Website, you consent to the following policy.
- The Bank collects various types of information during the use of the Website. The Bank collects information regarding your IP address and the characteristics of the device you are using to access the Website, such as the type of browser, type of operating system, interface language on your device, etc.
The Bank also collects information regarding the manner in which you use the Website – how you reach the Website, how long you spend on it, which pages you view, etc. If you use various services through the Website, the Bank may collect and document additional information within such services, according to the terms thereof.
Banking activity, the receipt of information regarding an account, and other actions performed within services through the Website, as noted above, are also documented.
- The Bank collects, processes, and retains information, as necessary, for several purposes. The information is needed for the purposes of monitoring and information security of the Website and the use thereof; for example, to identify and prevent activity that may cause a threat to the Website. Such measures also protect your privacy when you use the Website, of course.
For further information regarding information security on the Website, click here. The information is also necessary in order to allow you to have a comfortable and user-friendly experience with the services offered through the Website, if you are registered for such services, in accordance with your selected preferences.
The Bank uses the information to analyze traffic and behavior of Website visitors and thereby gain a better understanding of the subjects that are of interest to them. This understanding helps the Bank improve the service provided through the Website, and its services in general.
The information may also be used by the Bank to manage marketing and advertising processes on the Website and on the Internet, customized to your preferences, including offering you information and products and services of the Bank that may be relevant to you through advertising on third-party websites and platforms. The information may be used to comply with a legal necessity or requirement, or with legal directives in Israel or elsewhere applicable to the Bank.
Banking activity, the receipt of banking information, and other actions executed through the Website and within the services offered on the Website are documented for the purposes of the routine work of the Bank, and for purposes specified in the agreements and services for which you are registered, such as an application to open an account and general account management terms.
- The Bank is permitted to use third-party services and tools for the collection and analysis of aggregated anonymous statistical information, and to transfer and share such information to third parties at its discretion, for the purposes specified in this policy and subject to this policy.
- The information collected may be retained in databases of the Bank and/or of third parties that provide the Bank with services, in Israel or in other countries.
• Identify your device to learn about how you use the Website.
• Offer you a user-friendly interface on the Website.
Cookies are also used for the other purposes described in this policy.
In using cookies, the Bank does not collect identifying information about you such as your name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc. However, as noted above, the Bank may collect information that could identify your device, your IP address, etc.
- The Bank uses third-party tools on its Website, such as products by Google and Facebook, to analyze the use of the Website and for the purposes of customized advertising.
Google Firebase, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager are used to analyze anonymous, statistical, aggregate information about traffic and activity on the Website. These tools are also used by the Bank for advertising and remarketing purposes, on the Website and on the Internet in general (using AdWords), which may be customized to your preferences, based on the characteristics of your activity on the Website.
The Bank also uses Google reports on social media references and Analytics reports on demographics and areas of interest. Facebook Pixel is also used for customized advertising on social media.
When operating these tools on the Website, the companies that supply the tools (Google and Facebook) use their own cookies to identify your device and to collect information, such as your IP address, unique identifiers and characteristics of the device you are using, your activity on the Website, the pages you view, and more. These cookies may enable them to identify your device even after you leave the Website of the Bank.
The information they collect may be retained in the companies’ databases outside Israel.
To learn more about these companies’ use of their cookies and the information they collect, refer to their official websites. Links are provided below for your convenience:
You may also choose to use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- You can change your preferences with regard to cookies. You can block or restrict cookies on your browser by changing the browser settings on your device. Such a block may be full or partial, depending on the type of browser. Please note that blocking or restricting cookies may prevent you from accessing or using the Website, or certain parts thereof, or may impair your experience using the Website.
Facebook and Google offer options for changing cookies preferences in the tools they operate, at the links provided above. Information and tools for managing and controlling cookies are offered by various other websites and initiatives on the Internet, such as: